Saturday, January 23, 2016

In the Woods, Tana French


"What I warn you to remember is that I am a detective. Our relationship with truth is fundamental but cracked, refracting confusingly like fragmented glass. It is the core of our careers, the endgame of every move we make, and we pursue it with strategies painstakingly constructed of lies and concealment and every variation on deception"
-- Chapter 1
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/in-the-woods-tana-french/1100315218?ean=9780143113492
Barnes and Noble link

This was not only a good murder mystery, but also a surprisingly thoughtful and beautifully-written one. The "Whodunnit" didn't work out as I expected, but I enjoyed it immensely. The setting in modern-day, un-romanticized, Ireland, was fascinating to me. If you like BBC Crime Dramas, this is almost certain sure to please.
 
In the Woods is the first in the "Dublin Murder Squad" series. I'm definitely looking forward to reading more by Tana French.

No comments:

Post a Comment